Sunday, April 15, 2012

I'M TURNING JAPANESE, I THINK I'M TURNING JAPANESE, I REALLY THINK SO!

 SHOWN HERE WITH SOME SHELLS AND THINGS FROM THE SEA! HOW PRETTY IS THAT FOR A CANDY JAR!
 HERE IS A CLOSE UP OF THE WONDERFUL TRADEMARK...IT'S THE REAL DEAL!
 NEXT TO MY PRIZED SILVER URNS...
 UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL SHOT OF THE BEAUTIFUL DETAIL.

Spring time brings patty P out to all the flea markets around New England, where she finds some of her great treasures she collects for her French Home, here on the North Shore of Boston. I found a beautiful little Kompeitos candy jar made and signed by the company Vantine's. Vantine's was a company that was started in San Francisco in 1840 and moved to New York in 1869. The company closed in 1951. They manufactured wares in japan for export in the west. Their trademark shown in the picture here, is a crossed imperial Chinese and Japanese flag with a Turkish crescent moon + star in the center. Kompeitos are small Japanese sugar candies....these jars were probably filled with candies in the 19th centuries. I love collecting pottery, esp from Marblehead and of course, FRANCE, but now i have turned some of my attention to Japan!
I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so!
Patty P

4 comments:

  1. I read your blogs just for the titles. How do you think of such awesome headings? They are great, and you are so creative!
    Nina B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina....I put a lot of thought into my titles!

      Delete
  2. What a perfect place to stash your Easter candy mama ~ san. ox

    ReplyDelete